Monday, October 20, 2008

Ummm....Update #...4?

I'm feeling the need to update, but not feeling very inspired, so I'll just give a quick list of what's been happening and then rumble my mouth off about something.

-Teams Spain, Kenya, and Guatemala just got back from the Bronx, where they've been since Thursday evening on a mini outreach. From the few stories I've heard, it seems like they had a great experience and had some good chances to talk to people about what they're doing and why they were there.

-Teams China, Pakistan, N Africa, and Honduras are starting to get back from their backpacking/team building experience on the Appalacian Trail. I'm looking forward to hearing some of their stories.

-We as staff enjoyed a quite weekend with an empty HDC. Not to say we were glad to see the participants leave, but it was nice to have a bit more relaxing of a weekend.

So, yeah, I think we're all feeling a bit more refreshed after the weekend (staff that is, the back packing groups are in need of a little rest, I'm sure). Our activities included trying to give each other rides in a huge bear bag with shoulder straps. That was fun. I didn't really fit in it that well, so I didn't go very far, but Audrey (kitchen coordinator) gave Jacki (office assistant) a decent ride, despite almost launching her into a wall while trying to sit down on a sofa. That reminds me, I should really put a staff picture on here sometime. I don't think we've taken one yet, so once that happens, I'll try to remember to put that on here.

Yesterday afternoon, we went to Operations Manager Andy Hock's house for lunch and stayed there for a while talking and stuff. It was fun getting to know him and his wife a little more.

Okay, this isn't turning out to be very informative, so I'll put a cap on this entry.

No comments: