Friday, March 6, 2009

Driving by the Clock

This is just a short little story from yesterday that depicts the potential I have to do some whispy minded things. For those of you who know how much I like to always have a watch, clock, or some means of telling time with me at all times, this story might make a bit more sense (inadequate disclaimer #1).

Yesterday evening, we staff decided to go to the Hock's house, where the girls would spend the evening with Cheryl, while Andy and I went to Mechanicsburg BIC to play volleyball. I was playing football with some kids in the side yard when I got the 5 minutes till departure notice. It was pretty muddy outside, and I wanted to get cleaned up a little bit, so I was in a little bit of a hurry (inadequate disclaimer #2). So I washed off my shoes a little bit, but not very successfully, grabbed my wallet and put it in my pocket (because I knew I might be driving), and went back downstairs.

We stopped at a Little Ceasars on the way there to get some supper, and after Jacki and Erica went in the first time, one of them came out to the car again, because they realized they didn't have enough money with them. So I reached into my pocket and realized I didn't have my wallet. The only thing in my pocket was...my watch. Somehow, because my keys, wallet, and watch are the three things I'll generally take with me when I go somewhere, I mistook my watch for my wallet.

I'm still trying to image how absurd of a scene it would have been if I had been pulled over or something, only to realize that my watch doesn't say how long I'll be uner 21, my height and eye color, or that I'm an organ donor.

No comments: